The following is just my personal opinion/confession and is in no way shape or form meant to be a judgement of MLM or the wonderful people who are successfully working it.
- I had more questions than there were answers – and I’ll leave it at that because I am not writing this post to badmouth MLM. I’m just telling you why it’s not where I want to be.
- I got what I came for – not every road is the end of the road, some roads are just taking you to where you really need to be. MLM taught me a lot of things and opened me up spiritually and personally. So I got what I came for and was ready to move on a long time ago.
- Sometimes hard work doesn’t pay off because the wrong people are getting paid – and that’s my way of saying that I wanted my hard work to pay me. As things stood I had to share my residual income (which by the by is only residual if the business you brought in is still on the books, nothing from nothing leaves nothing right?) with my sponsor, her sponsor, her sponsor and the company. I knew that if I was going to take time away from my family to make money, then I wanted us to be the major beneficiaries. Not only that but I felt that the only people really benefiting were the ones who were speakers, teachers, or had some product that network marketers could use to “explode” their business in some way. Now those guys are making money for real.
- I found it impossible to balance working outside the home with working from home. This was unfair to my team and anyone that I added to my team. So I just stopped trying to recruit a team or bring in any new business
- I made more money crocheting and I didn’t have to make any calls – plus, I could watch TV while I did it. Nuff said. Now here’s one of my first patterns, it is untested, but makes a really cute bag:)
Hook size J
Red Heart super saver
2 strands held together chain 5 and join with sl
Color A – White
Color B – Pumpkin
Round 1- Chain 2 and 10 hdc in ring join to ch 2 with sl
Round 2- Chain 2 , 1 hdc in same stitch and 2 hdc in each hdc around join with sl to ch2
Round 3- repeat round 2
Round 4- Chain 2 , 1 hdc in each hdc around join with sl to ch2
Round 5- Chain 2 , 1 hdc in same stitch, hdc in next st *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 2 st repeat from * around join with sl to ch2
Round 6- Chain 2 , 1 hdc in same stitch, hdc in next 2 st *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 3 st repeat from * around join with sl to ch2
Round 7- This round you will reverse your work so that the right side will become the outside bottom of the bag. So turn the piece with the right side away from you and the wrong side facing you. Ch 2, working in front loop only for this row, 1 hdc in each hdc around join with sl to ch2
Round 8 -9 – Ch 2, 1 hdc in each hdc around join with sl to ch2
Now drop Color B and work the next 6 rows with Color A (1 strand only), work sc into the sc of the previous row
Round 10– Ch 2, 3 dc in next stitch (shell made,might change this),* sk 1 st, sc in next st , sk 1 st, 3dc in next stitch. Repeat from * around join with sl to ch2
Round 11-15 – Repeat round 10
At end of Row 15 drop color A, join color B
Round 16 – 21 – repeat round 10
At end of Row 21 drop color B, join color A
Round 22 – 27 – repeat round 10
Round 28 – Ch 4 (counts as tr + ch1) 2 tr in 2nd dc of next shell , *ch1, 2 tr in 2nd chain of next shell. Repeat from * around. Join with sl to top of ch 4. Fasten off
Round 29 – Join color B, ch 1, sc in each stitch around
Round 30 – Ch 1 , sc in each st around
Round 31 – Ch1 reverse sc in each stitch around. Fasten off weave in ends. NOTE: my reverse sc is – insert hook in sc, yo and pull through (two loops on hook). Turn needle 360 degrees, yo and pull through.
Handle (make 2 one in color A and one in color B)
Ch 100 or however long you want your handle to be (account for part that has to be sewn into the bag)
Round 1 – 2 dc in 4th chain from hook,* sk 1 chain, sc in next ch, sk 1 ch, 3 dc in next ch. Repeat from * around, fasten off.
Hold 2 handles together and sc in ea st around. On bottom of shells work an extra row of sc
Drawstring – Chain 70 (or length you want drawstring to be) – dc in 3rd chain from hook and in each chain across (add beads if desired)
Sew handles to bag with whipstitch on both sides of the handle (you want it to hold). Run Drawstring through round 28 (triple crochets)
Line bag if desired.